Supply Chain and Booking AssistantPlein Temps
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
FonctionsUnder the overall supervision of the Supply Chain Officer (SCO) in Haiti and direct supervision of the National Supply Chain Officer, the incumbent shall be responsible and accountable for the day-to-day activities of the procurement and booking local flights in accordance with the Organization’s regulations and procedures, the successful candidate will undertake the following tasks:
1. Assist in booking and purchasing local flights for IOM staff and partners and ensure that flight information is communicated to requestor before departure.
2. Assist in booking cargo flights for IOM staff and equipment and ensure confirmation is shared with requestor to prepare movement accordingly.
3. Make purchases of goods and services (equipment, supplies, materials and furniture etc …) Required by project/program/office
4. Receive and review Purchase Requests (PRs) for clarity of specifications, obtain additional information as necessary and liaise with user departments and, if necessary, confirm that the necessary budgetary resources exist with the Finance Unit.
5. After receiving an approved requisition, prepare requests for quotations and send them to suppliers in accordance with IOM rules depending on whether it is a restricted consultation or a public tender.
6. Obtain quotes and make the necessary comparisons to select the best offers through Bid analysis and develop purchase orders.
7. Prepare purchase orders and ensure they receive the required approvals from the SCO and RMO, as required.
8. Ensure timely deliveries for all orders placed by following up with suppliers to the destination.
9. Check all supplies delivered and ensure that they are appropriate and comply with the required specifications, as indicated in the purchase order.
10. Maintain the Monthly report of all transactions processed through the extracted open PO/PR and other reporting tools and submit them for approval to supervisors.
11. Conduct an initial review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with purchase orders/contracts and goods/works/services received and follow up with the finance unit to ensure timely payment and file closure.
12. Assist and contribute to the annual evaluation of supplier performance.
13. Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications réquises• Bachelor or equivalent diploma in Business Administration or Logistics
• At least 2 years of professional experience in the Logistics
• Experience working with NGOs/UN agencies is an advantage.
• Experience in Procurement and Vendor management, administrative, financial, and internal control procedures.
• Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis; and,
• Strong analytical, planning and time management skills.
• An excellent degree of computer literacy, in particular experience in computerized accounting systems including SAP/FIORI/SAP application is required.
• Excellent communication skills.
Conditions particulièresLANGUAGES (IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish)
Fluency in Haitian Creole and French (oral and written). Working knowledge in English or Spanish an advantage.
Conditions de travailSpecial Short Term, Employee, Grade Equiv. G4
Dossier de candidature doit avoir …Interested candidates should submit a CV with three (3) references and a cover letter outlining why they consider themselves a suitable candidate for this position. As the subject in your e-mail application, kindly state your full name and the IOM vacancy notice’s reference code.
Only qualified candidates should apply and only those who have been short-listed will be contacted. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Envoyer le dossier àiomhaitihrunit@iom.int
Autres remarquesIOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.