Logistics OfficerPlein Temps
Reports To: Operations Coordinator
Job Location: Cayes or Port au Prince with frequent field travel to the project intervention area
Full Time: 40-48 Hours per week
World Relief (WR) is a global Christian Humanitarian and international non-governmental organization that brings sustainable solutions to the world’s greatest problem-disasters, extreme poverty, violence, oppression, and mass displacement. We partner with local churches and community leaders in the US and abroad to bring hope, healing and transformation to the most vulnerable. WR’s mission is the mobilize the church to serve the most vulnerable, and WR works through churches and other community groups in the areas of health and nutrition, agriculture, savings, water, sanitation and hygiene, and peacebuilding, both in relief and in development capacities. World Relief has been operating in Haiti since 1993.
This position is primarily responsible for the coordination and follow-up of logistics for all WR Haiti travel, as well as preparing travel itineraries of official WRH staff travel in accordance with the WRH travel standard operating procedures within Haiti and Internationally.
This position provides support to WRH Bases Offices within the regions.
Travel and Logistics
Requests for domestic and international flight schedules, itineraries, bookings, and tickets from local travel agents for efficient and cost-effective travel.
Works with Programs Management and other travelers to plan and execute all confirmed and approved travels.
Works with relevant embassies to obtain visas for staff travel, makes hotel reservations when required, coordinates ground transportation and other travel arrangements for WRH staff and visitors.
Prepares travel authorizations for all travelling staff.
Maintains updated shared logistics resources.
Regularly reviews all issues raised in the issue logs after travel is complete, makes follow up with the vendors/Suppliers or Service Providers and updates the log with feedback.
Works directly with Junior Admin/Accountant supporting Logistics in the base’s offices on required logistics work.
Conducts site assessments in processing locations when required.
Maintains updated travel costs for all Bases.
Participates in annual travel budget costing and preparation.
Monitors travel budget in the assigned locations and reports any additional costs.
Maintains a tracking system for all partner Invoices across the Sub – offices to ensures they are captured and processed in a timely manner.
Use ERP/CYRUS system to raise requisitions, review payments and reconcile vendors.
Works closely with Procurement and Accounts to ensure vendor payments are processed as per policy and in a timely manner.
Order, prepare and closely monitor fuel supply and usage in all WRH offices
Conducts vendor reconciliations on a quarterly basis.
Regularly reviews travel expenses while renegotiating with vendors for competitive rates.
Reviews WRH trip reports and communicates follow-up items to the Operations Coordinator.
Reviews monthly invoices for local taxi service providers, ensures correct rates are being charged and also identifies local versus regional travel expenses.
Performs other duties that may be assigned to ensure the logistical support of operations
Related to official travel and other program objectives
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, or four (4) years working experience as Logistic required in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Skills and Experience:
· Four (4) year work experience is required.
· Administrative experience in supply chain is required
· Demonstrated written and verbal French and English skills;
· Demonstrated computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel;
· Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
· Demonstrated strong communication skills.
· Demonstrated interpersonal relations
· Demonstrated ability to manage heavy and stressful workload
· Maintain the integrity of confidential financial and personnel information; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· Follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
· Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
· Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of WRH;
· Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail;
· Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision; take initiative;
· Maintain strict confidentiality with WR administrative and operational information; manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation; effectively manage WRH’s resources;
· Actively participate in the implementation of the BHA Program;
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
· The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions and have a high degree of flexibility.
· This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
· This position will require frequent travel to Les Cayes on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational BHA program
· Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
· Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive long working hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your applications to the following email address: email@example.com with “Logistics Officer » in the subject line. Attach the following documents: Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, Degree & Certificates obtained.