CDC Public Health Specialist (OVC DREAMS Advisor)Plein Temps
The OVC and DREAMS Advisor is supervised by the Prevention Team Lead. The OVC (Orphans and Vulnerable Children) and DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe) initiatives draw on layered, evidence-based HIV prevention programming targeted to vulnerable children and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). OVC and DREAMS are managed under the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and helps create enabling environments to reach children and AGYW, address community norms/practices, and create safe spaces in schools and communities. The OVC and DREAMS Advisor is a high-level technical expert who will lead the coordination and reporting on CDC Haiti’s and interagency OVC DREAMS portfolio. The incumbent will be responsible for leading OVC and DREAMS initiatives as the focal point for planning, monitoring, reporting, and communication.
Back to top
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in HIV prevention or youth programs is required. Experience in public health or social welfare programs to mitigate the effects of HIV on children, adolescents, or AGYW populations is required.
Master’s degree in public health, social work, sociology, or nursing is required.
English (Fluent) *This will be tested*
Haitian Creole (Fluent)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Back to top
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Port-au-Prince may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the Human Resources Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Back to top
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Master’s degree
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Port-au-Prince , Haiti.